Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Still no pics, but an update nonetheless!

Our internet situation is, well...sporadic.  We canceled our internet as I mentioned a couple weeks ago.  Ok, one week ago. (it feels like forever ago)  Since then, we've discovered a decently strong signal in our laundry room/entrance.  The only catch is that Nathan's computer is the only one that picks it up.  (the only one...that makes it sound like we have a plethora of computers in this house...well, perhaps we do...)  Anyway, my computer is the one with all the pictures on it and with all my stuff on it, so I'm finding it less enjoyable to add pictures to my blog since I'll have to transfer them all to my computer one day and because Nathan is still doing a bit of homework so when I do feel like blogging, I don't necessarily have a computer at my disposal.  Not that I would dispose of it, but you know...  ANYHOO...

Levi is growing like crazy.  Well, not really since apparently he's only gained 5 ounces in the last two and a half months.  But he's learning new things and that is always exciting!  I'll write more about that tomorrow when he officially becomes an 8 MONTH OLD!  Yikes.  Where has the time gone?

Candidating on Sunday went well, we think.  It was a fun day.  Mingling wasn't nearly so bad as I feared it might be.  It's tiring but way less stressful when you're the people everyone wants to talk to!  All we had to do was stand in one spot and people came and introduced themselves to us and we would talk a bit and then they would mosy (mosie? mosey?) on and new people would come up to us and chat for a while.  All in all, a great day.  Now we are just waiting for the church to vote, which will happen on Sunday, so we hear, and then hopefully HOPEFULLY we'll be asked to take the position!  We will almost literally be bouncing off the walls in this house if we are asked to take the job cause seriously, it is a wonderful church and wonderful community and wonderful people.  Oh, and a wonderful job that looks like it will be a (you guessed it) WONDERFUL fit for Nathan.  So if you think of us, pray that this opportunity is in reality what God wants and not just us being excited about something while failing to see where God is actually leading.  It sure seems like a God-thing though...

I am not up to much these days.  I am about to go sit on a chair beside Nathan, who is playing some NBA basketball on the ol' xbox 360, and whip out some yarn action and MAKE something.  I'm not really sure what to make though.  See, I've taught myself how to knit recently (like, maybe two weeks ago?) and am loving it, but so far I haven't had the patience to actually finish a project!  I'm working on a toque for Levi but it's going so slowly and I can already see flaws in it which, like any first real project, are bound to happen but I'm tempted to just rip it all out and start again.  See, I've been crocheting for about 20 years or so, so I'm used to my projects looking, well (humility aside), I'm used to them looking good.  And when this project doesn't look perfect like I figure it should, despite only having known how to knit for under a month, I will probably end up ripping it out and starting fresh.  *sigh*  I'll never finish anything at this rate : )  But at least I'll have fun in the process!

Ok, now I'm rambling cause I'm tired.  : )  Time to go sit with my hubby and relax for the rest of the evening.  Catch ya all later!

p.s-I gave my brother-in-law a mullet today.  It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself.  I once vowed to never give anyone a mullet.  It choked me a little to break that vow, but hey.  Anything for family, right?  As long as it's not a rat-tail on my son...or a mullet on my husband...there have to be limits, people.  There HAVE to be limits...

1 comment:

Marsha said...

great post! Can't wait to see you and your 8 month old tomorrow!!!!! WOOHOO!!!