Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today in sentences.

It is way chillier than the last day of April should ever be.

Levi and I (with Nathan's help at noon) put up our new trampoline!

I am hoping the trampoline will be a fun energy-buster (and hopefully not bone-buster!) this summer.

Levi said he didn't want his trains upstairs but I brought them up anyway and he played with them for a good long time :)

Mommy knows best.

I am loving to read again these days...haven't read much of anything since Levi was born, or at least not more than one book every couple months!


I'm taking a bit of an unofficial break from my Uniquely Me Design business; still taking orders but not advertising.  I only have so much energy each day and right now there are two little people who deserve my energy much more than the business world does.

I've never anticipated spring so much as this year; having a 2 year old boy in the same 4 walls for 6 unending months produces cabin fever to the highest degree!

If I had a day completely to myself, I would either go through our house and purge the extras/spring clean OR sleep the entire day.  (It would be a toss-up.)

I've been finding myself quite home-sick for California these past few months, and for more reasons than just the weather!  It really became home while we were there...

Levi is has finally graduated into the "good sleeper" category!  I'd say he sleeps through the night about 50-75% of the time now (though you'd have to ask Nathan as he's been getting up with him to take him pee and I've been sleeping through Levi's wakings - yet am up as soon as Kayden so much as breathes differently when she wakes up!)

A couple months ago I put a lock on my phone and moved my games so that Levi couldn't find them, thus convincing him that my games were gone.  It broke his habit of always wanting to play phone, which was nice!  In a moment of weakness, I moved the games back and removed the lock.  Levi found them and is back to "please play your phone please mommy?"  I put the lock back on so that I decide when he plays :)

These sentences are getting longer and longer.

I love having a girl and a boy.

I would have loved having two boys just as much. :D

I am amazed every day at the breadth of Levi's vocabulary...yesterday he opened the windows and told me "I make the house fresh for you, Mommy!"

Thinking about switching to cloth wipes in addition to my cloth diapers...thoughts?

Lennox needs a serious grooming.  I sweep regularly and it is still like walking on sandpaper in here with the amount of dirt/sand he tracks in every day.

I'm obviously running out of things to say.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Here's a couple pictures taken just this morning to finish off the post in style:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post, Niki.:) You'll have to tell me how you like having a trampoline - it seems like "everyone" has one these days!

As for cloth wipes, obviously I have no experience to speak from. I had sort of assumed we would use cloth wipes, but I hadn't really looked into other options. It just seems pretty easy to toss them in with the diapers, no?

Tomorrow is supposed to be a very nice day - have fun! - Katie D.

Trev and Rebekah said...

she's beautiful

we found a little indoor trampoline. My kiddo sure misses having a yard