Thursday, September 29, 2011

A few of his favourite things...

Happy due date, Levi!  A year ago today I was wishing that today would be the day I would finally get to meet you.  I really, really didn't want to have an October baby and September is quickly running out!  But you waited.  And waited.  And your birthday ended up being the perfect birthday for you!  Can't believe my due date was a year ago already...

In celebration of this little anniversary, here are a few of Levi's favourite things these days (in no particular order):
-  Lennox
-  pulling up our shirts and pinching our tummy skin
-  being chased by us
-  chasing Lennox with us
-  going for walks
-  grabbing my arm and trying to bite my elbow during diaper changes
-  snuggles with mommy (he's becoming a snuggler!)
-  Cheerios, raisins, Gerber Graduates Puffs, corn, chicken, slurpies, ice cream, anything off our plate (hence slurpies and ice cream making the list)
-  pushing chairs, stools, tables around the house while walking behind them
-  electrical cords...specifically chewing on them, though trying to plug them back in is also alot of fun
-  taking everything out of a box/cupboard/etc
-  putting blocks into and out of a box
-  parks, especially the slides
-  eating paper
-  touching things he's normally not allowed to have
-  climbing stairs
-  playing in the bathroom (why do all little kids LOVE the bathroom?  Ick.)

And while I'm in the list-making mood, here are a few of my favourite things about being a mommy:
-  snuggles
-  words starting to form and Levi being able to communicate with us ("MUM!" whenever he wants something, for example)
-  toys and books all over the house
-  little shoes lined up by the door
-  nap time
-  schedule wide open so we can go to the park when we want and stay home and read books when we want
-  picking daddy up from the office for lunch with Levi and Lennox
-  going down the slide with a squealing boy on my lap
-  little arms reaching up for me
-  always having someone to make a toque for

This really is the best job in the world for me.  I'm so thankful that God answered my prayers with our little Levi.  There are certainly hard parts about being a mom and times when I'm just SO tired that I don't want to do anything at all.  But seeing that little smile and having that little body completely relax in my arms...I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Happy almost-birthday, Levi! 

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, that boy is cute!! Thanks for sharing his (and your) favorites, I enjoyed reading them (and they'll probably be really fun to look back on in a few years). Enjoy the next few weeks...soon you'll have a 1 year old! Crazy!!

Alicia Buhler said...

Times flies! And thanks for the lists of favorites - it's so nice to be 'in' on your world from so far away.

Sylvia said...

I was just thinking about Levi's due date this morning as I was out for my walk. I thought, "A year ago we were so anxiously waiting to meet him/her" and now we know him and love him so very much! This seemed like such a long week a year ago. I suspect it will pass much more quickly this year!