Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Levi's Room!

I got the fabric for Levi's room last week and put the finishing touches in today!  It still feels a tad bit bare, though.  I guess a few more toys will gradually make their way in there as he starts to enjoy playing on his own a bit more. : )

This is what it looked like before:


 Because I forgot to take pictures truly before I started, here are some picture of what the skeleton rocking chair looked like...and just for fun, I included a picture of what it looked like before I recovered it the first time, back in January of 2009!

And this is his room after!


I ordered 7 yards of fabric and with that I made:
-  2 book slings (I've only put one up)
-  duvet
-  recovered the rocking chair and foot stool
-  valance for window
-  covered 3 canvases for the wall
-  one white crib sheet

There has been overwhelming interest in the book sling that I made.  Unfortunately it was not my own awesome idea.  I followed the tutorial HERE.

5 comments:

The Hatch's said...

Hey, I've been toying with the idea of putting up book slings in Linnea's room! They are SUCH a great idea!! The room looks great! I like all the black and white.

Sylvia said...

It's beautiful! You're so creative. I am looking forward to seeing it "for real"

Alicia Buhler said...

How fun! I'm a big fan of the black and white with the existing green. And that book sling is a neat idea.

Alyssa said...

Also love the book slings!! Got instructions how to do that?!

Trev and Rebekah said...

i like the book sling. Never seen something like that before.

Happy birthday little man! Such a miracle you are!