Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Proud Mama and Belly Update

First off, I have been such a proud mommy these past, well, 2 years really.  But in the last 6 months it seems like our "baby" has turned into such a big boy!  He is sleeping in a big boy bed, he is talking more and more all the time (and making sense more than just random words), he is displaying that he has a long(er) term memory as he recounts stories from days/weeks ago, he is diaper-less (with basically no accidents (night or day), he is high-chair-less (preferring to sit on a stool at the table rather than in his chair, which is now in the basement because it just wasn't being used), he understands basic reasoning (you don't want to put on your pants but we can't go outside if you don't put on your pants so would you rather have no pants inside or put on pants and go outside?).  He even calls himself a "boy" instead of a "baby" now.  What a little man we've been raising.  He is a delight, that's for sure.  He still doesn't sleep through the night on a regular basis, often getting up once or twice or three times a night.  We take him potty and put him back to bed and sometimes that works and sometimes he just wants a "mommy hug" or "rock-rock"... which sounds sweet but is really code for "let me stay awake longer so I can ask for more things like water, stories, etc").  One day he'll sleep through the night though, or at least take himself to the pottty when he wakes up and oh what a day that will be!

The pregnancy has been going well.  I'm feeling back to my "old" self again, except that I have a bump.  My energy is returning (wasn't sure I'd ever see that again) and what little nausea there was has been gone for a few weeks now.  It's funny, when we talk about having more kids, Nathan says, "Oh man, I don't know.  Remember those first couple months and how hard they were?" And I remind him that I didn't even puke once and had relatively zero nausea that was gone before the second trimester.  I have it almost as easy as anyone when it comes to first trimester sickness.  True, I felt like I was going to die from lack of energy, but really it's not so bad.  I think Nathan must just be used to me being able to do stuff around the house and it hurts him when I'm just laying around with tears in my eyes because I couldn't possibly walk from the table to the kitchen sink or lift another spoonful of lasagna to my mouth because I just don't have the energy.  It sounds funny now, but truly, that's how my days were.  I was just.so.tired.  But that's gone now for a couple months.  Yay!  Well, Levi is going to wake up from his nap any time now so I'll leave you with the latest belly shot.  And for comparison, I'll also include a belly shot from last time so you can see how much bigger I am this time (no twins, as much as I wouldn't have minded...we've already had an ultrasound and, unless they aren't telling me something, we have one little nugget in there, not two).

3 mos - 15-16w - BABY #2
4.5 mos - 20w - LEVI

No comments: