Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oils of the day

Peppermint - Nathan used peppermint on the back of his neck for a headache (he's going off coffee)...he said it really seemed to help.  He didn't take anything else for the headache.

PanAway - I hold alot of tension in my jaw and it often clicks when I open it - which hurts!  I put PanAway on it and, while it didn't make the clicking completely go away, I did notice it relax and stop hurting enough to chew.  Was it the oils?  Or was it the massaging of my jaw?  I'm not sure.  I do know that the area where I rubbed the oil felt strangely...good?  Haha.  How's that for a description?  My jaw did feel more relaxed after I used the oil.  Was it all in my head?  Did my jaw relax because I was thinking about it?  Who knows. I do plan to use this more often as my jaw bothers me and maybe time will tell if it was actually the oil that made the difference.

Lemon - day 2 of drinking lemon oil in our water.  SO GOOD! (*oils should always be used with glass or stainless steel containers)

Levi loves smelling the oils whenever I have them out.  I'm hesitant to let him sniff them all at once because they really are quite potent.  But tonight I let him take a good whiff of the Valor oil, in hopes that he would have a really good night's sleep.  He did settle pretty well, though he often does these days.  It's so hard to tell with oils!  Are they working?  Are they making a difference?  Or is it all in the mind?  So far I'm not convinced, BUT I'm certainly having fun experimenting with them and I'm open to having my mind blown.  :)

*correction...I put Valor on my clicking jaw, not PanAway.  When I used PanAway this morning, it really didn't seem to make much difference, but then I used Valor and that was the feeling I was talking about.  It feels like relaxation just starts on the skin and soaks on down.  Still a little tense, but not clicking or hurting nearly as bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope they really are working for you! It sounds like it. It would be nice to have something to take for headaches etc. where you don't have to worry about it being hard on your liver/kidneys and stuff like that. Whenever I get around to it, I'll probably ask Andrea for the starter pack of oils too, I think it is worth trying them!-Katie