Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oils of the day

I haven't been posting much the last couple days, but not because I haven't been using the oils!  I just haven't been using them for anything new, nor have I been noticing much different from what I've already posted.  BUT...I think I'm making progress in my experiment!

PanAway and Valor for aches and pains - I am convinced here.  The other day I was walking and my knee was bothering me.  It only hurts occasionally so I can't speak to chronic pain relief BUT, I got back from my walk and it was still hurting so I rubbed some PanAway on it and as I walked back to the kitchen, the pain was gone.  Then today, my back was hurting (hello, hauling two kids around all day and night!) so I rubbed two drops of Valor on my lower back then rubbed two drops of PanAway on top of that.  I must say, my back is feeling pretty good now!  So for minor aches and pains, I would definitely recommend these two oils!  My guess would be that if you have more intense pain or pain that is constant, it might not respond as well OR you might need to reapply oils more often.  But I'd say it's worth a try.  I feel better about rubbing some essential oil on my back or knee or jaw (which is also helped incredibly by Valor) than popping a Tylenol.


Lemon in water - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Yum!  We are loving the switch to drinking lemon water.  And I'm not sure if it's the lemon water that's to thank but I think I'm starting to crave more fruits/vegetables for snacks than sugary cookies and chocolate.  All it takes is 1-2 drops of lemon oil in 1 litre of water (in a GLASS or STAINLESS container), give it a little stir and voila.  So good.

Lavender and Peace & Calming - I put a drop or two of each of these oils in a warm bath last night for Kayden about an hour before bed.  I don't know if it's the oils or if she's just settling into a bit more of a routine (finally?), but she went to bed at 7:45-8pm and was only up ONCE between bedtime and 7:45-8am!!  Maybe the oils calmed her so she could rest well.  Or maybe they worked on me and I just slept through all the less insistent cries last night...


As far as the smells of the oils go, some of the smells are growing on me.  I love the smells of Valor, Lemon, Peppermint, and Peace & Calming. I still hate the smells of Thieves and Purification.  The other ones I'm kinda indifferent about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like I might have to invest in a few oils in the next few months! I think Dannis could probably use the ones for aches and pains. For me, I do get pain, but it usually isn't very severe, and I've just got in the habit of not really taking anything for it, so it isn't like the oils would be replacing something. I don't know. I wrestle with finding yet another thing to spend money on. Good to know it seems to be working for you, though! - Katie