13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
1. Knowing what to talk to people about/mingling. Hate it. Hate the awkward silences. Hate the potential for awkward silences. If there was at least a potential for a GOOD talk in those situations, I might be ok with it, but you're never going to actually have a good, deep conversation in a busy foyer, so let's just skip it, shall we?
2. Group work. I don't feel like I'm at my strongest when I'm working with a group. Unless I'm clearly leading the group. But if it's supposed to be a mutual effort, I fall short.
3. Decorating cakes. I always have this great vision for a birthday cake and then it ends up falling sadly short. Sadly, sadly short. So now I'm practicing. Everyone gets a birthday cake and a half-birthday cake. Levi had a sail boat cake this month. And it actually turned out. But I won't let one successful attempt fool me. I need at least 18 months worth of practice to be confident that my cakes won't routinely flop.
4. Understanding politics. Need I say more?
5. I have a weakness for my family. If I ever have a chance to hang out with my family (immediate and extended), I'll jump on it. It's a different kind of weakness, but I think it counts :)
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
1. Patience - It's not that I never lose my patience with my kids/other people, but I feel like my patience stretches more than some. If you come to the end of my patience, you must really be pushing my buttons. :)
2. I can cook/bake. And I can bless people with my cooking/baking. I really enjoy being able to put something together and bless someone with a meal or a treat.
3. Crocheting. I also love to bless people with my ability to make things with my hands. I don't always have as much time to make things as I would like, but when I can put something together and see the look on their face when I give it to them, it makes me smile.
4. I give people the benefit of the doubt. If someone makes a silly comment while I'm out, I think, "well, they must not have thought before they said that, it happens to everyone" instead of wondering why they're so dumb. Or if someone does something ridiculous/rude, I usually think that they were just having a rough day rather than letting it taint my opinion of them. I give people a fair chance to show me who they are. I meet people with the assumption that they are good and kind until their actions prove otherwise.
5. Organization and Efficiency. I work really well in a job that requires being organized and efficient. I worked in a lumber yard and it was possibly the perfect job for me. My hours were flexible and completely controlled by moi! It was up to me to come up with a filing system and keep it organized. The only problem was that I got my work done too efficiently and was continually running out of work to do. :)