Monday, July 6, 2009

Been Busy (with pictures to prove it)

So, our storage space and Canadian mailing address while we're in school is Nathan's parents' house in small town, Saskatchewan. (I just can't bring myself to say that we moved in with Nathan's parents!) In preparation for our "visit", Nathan's mom graciously cleaned out their spare bedroom so that we could set up our own bed and furniture and have a little home away from home while we're here.

And guess what? She even said we could paint it!

A couple weeks before we left Manitoba, I was already going through all my decorating magazines for bedroom ideas. I didn't get the idea from there, but it was fun to consider lots of different options! I decided on green and at the last minute added the dark brown for the far wall. I love how it turned out and it really feels like ours now. It's definitely a place where we can relax. The room started out an icky pink color. (I can say "icky" because it was still from the previous owners and not my parents-in-law.) Check out the pics. Any further suggestions???

______________________________



(excuse the mess...this was the day after we moved)
Nathan freaking out because he thought the paint was the wrong color.
Silly boy.
this is how I paint...tippy toes on a stool.
I made Nathan do the top for all the green, but he made one big splotch of dark brown on the white ceiling and handed the paintbrush back to me
TA-DA!!!
Finished product...my Ikea canvas print HAD to match the room. I guess you could say it was the "inspiration piece"...but not really...

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looks fabulous Niki! Want to come do our room next?

Marsha said...

i like it! glad it feels like your own and a place where you can relax. You'll need it with all the craziness this summer!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Looks fantastic! I love it.

Karis Brandes said...

That looks sooooo good! HUGE improvement over the lucky guest room it used to be!

Kyra said...

Wow it looks amazing! Very... sophisticated! Love the print too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Niki. Way to make a little retreat for yourself and keep relaxation and sanity important :). I think it'd be hard to stay sane in a pink room like that ;).

Alicia Buhler said...

Beautiful!

Stacey said...

You can come do my bedroom and our basement if you like :) I'll pay!