Saturday, July 17, 2010

A House.

Nathan and I went by our new rental place this morning.  Now that we have our keys and can move in whenever we want, we are both dreaming of how to make it our own.  We are still dog and house sitting for Nathan's parents for another week, but we hope to move this next Friday!  Today we decided which rooms to paint, which room would be the nursery and which would be our bedroom, and where our furniture would go.  (Well, we didn't really decide where our furniture would go, but we talked about it!)  I am SO excited.  It's been 9 weeks since we arrived back in Canada and officially were not renting a place of our own anymore.  It is time to move and settle in somewhere again!  I am so thankful that this rental opportunity has worked out.  I'll post pictures once we're in!

Question...does anyone have any decorating solutions to wood paneling?  We can't paint it because it would soak up so much paint and require so many coats that it would be way too expensive.  Nathan likes it...I don't.  How do I make it homey???  It's the WHOLE living room!

4 comments:

Josie said...

:) you are living in our old place, aren't you? The one by the guy's dorms? If that's the place then I have some tips for you...

Alicia Buhler said...

could you post pictures of the living room to help spur the imagination?

Sparlingo said...

Agreed. Pictures needed.

Quick internet search suggests covering at least one wall with curtain. I'm not so sure wall-to-wall curtain would look alright.

Karis Brandes said...

There is a plastic primer you can use to cover wood paneling and then paint over it. I used it in my bedroom to cover 3 walls of wood paneling and one wall of hideous wallpaper. But I have no idea how much it costs.