Saturday, July 10, 2010

More randoms...

Ok, I'll start with this.  Behold...28w2d.  Are we sure that babies never just "pop out" because there's just no more room in there?  I don't feel like baby is very out of room in there yet, but when I see pictures like this and think of 12 more weeks of growth...well, perhaps you can understand my apprehension!  In all seriousness, baby and mommy are doing great.  I'm still feeling good most days.  I've already kissed uninterrupted nights of sleep goodbye as I'm up a few time a night either for the bathroom or from sore hips.  My ribs and back tend to get sore more easily these days, particularly when I'm sitting, but it's certainly nothing to complain about.  Just a little discomfort which, considering the relative ease with which this pregnancy has treated me, I'll gladly deal with!

_______________________________

Does anyone else with a blog get random Asian people commenting on their posts?  I think it's some kind of advertising and it's terribly annoying.  I usually get a few a week, particularly when I post often.  I've turned on the setting where I moderate all comments so at least I can weed out the junk comments, but still...is there any way of reporting these people so they STOP?!
_______________________________

Remember way back when, when I mentioned that we had a basement suite all lined up to rent as of August 1?  Well...we found out two days ago (or actually, today is when we officially found out) that the basement suite was no longer an option.  I was pretty frustrated at first because we'd spoken for that particular suite 6 weeks ago and had chosen it over the other places because of a number of factors.  Plus, being pregnant, hormones are raging and I have been dreaming of life in this particular place with our baby and "decorating" our nursery and living space in my mind for over a month!  I've been "nesting" all this time in a home that is now unavailable!  Well, I prayed about it because there's really nothing we can do if it's not available and therefore there is no use in getting upset about it.  I asked God if he could somehow make this whole situation work out better than I could imagine, because at the time I couldn't image anything working out nearly as well as what we had been planning.  

Well, today we met with the person in charge of rentals and he "officially" broke the news to us that we wouldn't be moving into the basement as of August 1 but that they would make another place available for us for a very comparable cost.  And the more we've thought about this other option, the more we've seen that there are pros to this place that we skipped right over when we last considered it.  SO, though it's not what I've been picturing for the past month and a half, we now have an entire house that we'll be renting, and we can move is as soon as we'd like!  Though there is no fenced yard and we are responsible for paying utilities for the drafty place (cons), we will have more space, more sunlight in winter, and not have to worry about noise when our baby cries and our dog barks (pros).  It is an older place in worse shape, but I figure we can live in anything and I'll work hard to make it a home.  I'm really excited about this option, which is an answer to prayer because two days ago I just felt like hopelessly crying my eyes out!  Moving day: July 24, 2010.  Yesssss.......

3 comments:

Kyra said...

Wow Niki, you are so cute with your huge prego belly!

Trev and Rebekah said...

How frustrating to not have a place and then how wonderful to see God provide in the end. You look cute!

Janelle said...

HUGS girlie!!!
you look beautiful!!! :)