Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 13, 2010

What an exciting and unbelievable day.

One year ago today, we found out about Levi. 

(did I knock the breath out of anyone with that picture?  you're welcome.)

Of course, a year ago we had no idea that "it" was in fact Levi.  But it turns out that it was!  Boy were we excited to see those two pink lines...

It's amazing what can change in a year...

(there's a 7.5 week old Levi in there)

Last year I was spending my days crocheting, hanging out with friends in the Court (at seminary), sewing, and pretty much just being a normal seminary wife.

Now, one year later, we have a bouncing (literally, he's in his Jolly Jumper as I type) 4 month old baby boy.  He's wonderful, amazing, adorable, and ours.  A year ago today is when one of my life's dreams came true.  Wow.  I will never take that for granted.

This guy was worth all the waiting...all the tears and worries and stress and pain.

What a year it's been!

2 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

I love it!! Truly amazing how God answers prayer. I'm actually a little teary looking at this picture of him and seeing how all those years of waiting have produced such a beautiful little boy. His smile melts my heart.

Sparlingo said...

I'm really enjoying your chronicling of baby Levi's life. He's a pretty blessed kid to have the parents he has, too!

I'm getting excited for the first of a new generation of Sparlings due in April/May.

Great photo, by the way!