Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On worship...

Something that I've experienced many times but only put words to this morning is how, when moving to a new place, worship is something I miss.  Not worship in general, as that goes wherever a person goes.  But worshiping with the certain group of people.  I had never really realized this before.  I assumed that just because I found a new community of believers to worship with, worship went with me.  But things change.  Different worship leaders lead worship differently.  Each leader guides the congregation into worship in their own way...in the way they are gifted.  Every once in a while, I'll be listening to worship music and certain songs will take me right back to a "congregation" that I've been a part of and a certain worship leader who was leading in that place and time.  Worshiping together is a very intimate and special thing for the Body of Christ, the church.  And whether or not you're actually in a church building or calling yourself an official church, each "worship service" has it's own unique offerings to our Lord.  I love to reflect back on the people I've worshiped with over the years, whether I knew them personally or not, and give praise to my Father who has given me the opportunity to worship in many different places all the while giving honour to the same God.  What an amazing God we serve.  And what an amazing thing the Body is.  Look around you...who is a part of the Body that you're worshiping God with today?  Take time to appreciate the unique worship that you're a part of right now...

No comments: