Saturday, March 8, 2014

Number 4: 16 year old self

4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.

1. You're not going to marry him.
2. Don't ever let yourself drop the habit of daily devotions with God...it's WAY harder to recreate a habit once you're an adult.
3. Don't be afraid to like the things you like, even if your friends don't.
4. Don't be afraid to dislike the things you dislike, even if your friends like them.
5. You WILL have a husband and kids...don't rush the time before they happen.
6. Learn Spanish while you have the time/brain power.
7. Play more piano in church before you're in a bigger, more intimidating church.
8. Thank your parents more for everything they do.
9. Spend more time with your grandparents and take more pictures of/with them...they won't be around forever.
10. Be who God created you to be NOW...don't think that it will get easier to be your true self as you get older.  It doesn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with EVERYTHING on your list. For myself, I would add: try harder in school. Suffer through all the sciences and maths. There are some careers I'd be interested in, but at this point it really intimidates me to know I'd have to take some high school classes to even be able to get into the program. (essentially, what my parents said about "leave all your doors open" was true)
Also, I wish I had pursued my faith so much more in high school. If I had been stronger spiritually, I wouldn't have had such a bad time later on, and I wouldn't have so many regrets. -Katie