Thursday, March 13, 2014

Number 5: Happy

5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

In no particular order:

1. My husband and kids...especially when we're laughing and playing together.

2. Warmer weather.  I have this obsession with shoveling melting snow when the weather warms up a bit.  It's like, "Ok, Snow, you've had the upper hand for the past 6 months...now it's MY turn to dominate.  Get out of my path, snow/ice/slush! Move, move, move!"

3. That my best friend just had an adorable baby boy yesterday after wondering if they ever could/would.  How amazingly amazing is that? I just want to pick up and move to their town so I can see him all the time!  Except that I love where I live and never want to move (see number 19 HERE).

4. A clean, organized house.  Oh wait...that would make me happy. If it were true. Unfortunately I have at least 3 more days of painting ahead of me before our house will be put back together again.  So on that note, I guess the real #4 happy thing would be WHITE TRIM AND DOORS!

5. Gathering eggs.  We have been gathering eggs at a neighbour's place this week while they are out of town.  Donning my rubber boots every day and walking up to the barn while holding Levi's excited little hand and an egg pail in the other...it just feels right.  Stinks like nobody's business...but that's the price you pay for a dozen fresh brown eggs on your counter every afternoon. :)

2 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Noticing what makes me smile has been one of my spiritual practices the last few months... noticing what makes us happy in the moment is great for a perspective check!

Anonymous said...

Going for walks on beautiful, calm, blue skied days and hearing the birds chirping away makes me happy these days(well, always). So I completely second warmer weather. I'm hating this return to winter!
I think I should follow Alicia's example and focus on more things that make me happy - I know there are many! -Katie