Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cloth Diapers

I LOVE CLOTH DIAPERING.  Seriously, best decision ever.  However, wherever I read that 18 diapers is a sufficient diaper stash is quite wrong about that.  I knew that my 18 bumGenius Organic AIO's would be on the low side, but after 3 months of laundry nearly every day, I'm beginning to think that a few more diapers in my stash would be nice.  I don't so much mind doing the laundry, but, with not being able to line-dry them, I'm worried about the daily dryer cycles taking their tole on my diapers! 

So that brings me to my order of business for the day.  The search for additional diapers.  I know I've asked this before, but I ask again...what are your favourite cloth diapers?  When you comment, please let me know if they're velcro/snaps, prefold/fitted/pockets/AIO's, one size/multiple sizes and why you love them.  ALSO, if you are looking at downsizing your stash or know of anyone getting rid of cloth diapers, I would love to hear from you!  Oh yeah, and how many diapers do you have in your stash and how often does that leave you doing laundry?  I've heard that you should wash diapers every 2 days anyway, which I am completely fine with, but right now we're just on the short side...

Another question...has anyone tried the Flip diapers or Econobum?  Those are two of the options that I'm looking at but without knowing anyone who uses them, I'm not sure I want to make the investment (small though it may be).  What is the difference between the two?  Is one better than the other?  Should I avoid both of them?  What do you think?  Are there any other brands I should look into?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I would say go for the Flip system. It will be somewhat similar to your Elementals, except that you have to lay the insert inside. They will dry faster too, which would be a bonus.

I'm sitting here trying to think of how many diapers I use before I wash, and I think it's around 16. But then I have another full set of 16 or so ready to go while I wash, so I never run out. I think I have somewhere around 30 diapers that I use on a regular basis.

I've used all types of diapers, and I know I really liked prefolds for Bria. I haven't tried them all on Emery, because I'm really loving All In One diapers with her.

Anonymous said...

I like www.lollidoo.com They are organic and made from recycled fleece. They are pricy but go on sale frequently.

The Hatch's said...

I have the fuzzibunz one size...I like them. They adjust with elastic around the leg so they aren't as bulky in the front with the snap up/downs.
Marni

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Well I don't cloth diaper but everything I read lately features "G" cloth diapers. They are cute and everyone raves about them and I know they are currently in the baby steals archive. Let me know if you need that link.