Friday, April 8, 2011

6 months.

Our baby boy is half a year old already!  Where has the time gone?  Actually, it feels like he's been with us forever, so while part of me is wondering how he is 6 months old already, a bigger part of me is wondering how it has only been 6 months.

The sixth month has brought a few new firsts.  I will go through them quickly, though, because as this is being posted, I'm actually visiting my sister in Indiana and wrote it two days ago.  I'll be leaving for the airport in two hours but wanted to get this done before I left.  Here are a few fun facts about our 6 month old!

Levi has had his first taste of rice cereal this month.  He has gotten much better at eating, but has also gotten better at refusing food.

Levi has now rolled over in both directions on more than one occasion without merely "falling" back onto his back from his tummy.  Sometimes he forgets about this new ability of his and just lays there, frustrated, on his tummy until someone rescues him.  He has learned that he can just rest his head sideways on the floor, though, which extends happy tummy time by quite a bit.

Levi got his first tooth this month!  What a strange feeling for your first child to get their first tooth.  Maybe it doesn't hit everyone the same way, but it sure hit me when that tooth popped through!  Everything else thus far has been a gradual change, but a tooth is not there one day and there the next.  So sudden!  And interestingly, the unpleasant teething only started once the tooth was already in.  There must be another tooth on it's way soon.  But even at his grumpiest, Levi isn't too hard to be around. : )

Levi has started moving around alot more to get his toys but still isn't crawling.  He just kinda scootches around on his tummy and pulls/pushes himself around with his arms/lets.  Inch-worming has been working great for him.  But at least he's not mobile enough to get into things...yet...

He is still not drinking out of a sippy cup, though if he chews on the cup enough, he'll get a mouthful and usually swallow it.  Eventually he'll be able to drink from a cup and then Nathan and I will be able to go on a date again!  Yay!  One day...

Levi is still eating every two hours during the day and is up every one to five hours during the night.  Two or three is about an average night's stretch for the little man.  His "night" has usually been 8pm to 7am these days.  Gone are the days of sleeping in til 8am...  I'm looking forward very much to sleeping through the night again one day, but until then I'll enjoy the middle of the night snuggles while I have them. : )

Levi's bald spot on the back of his head is filling in nicely and, for the first time singe he was four weeks old, he has no cradle cap on his head!  I am very excited about that development!

Levi has also had his first plane ride this month.  As I haven't left yet, I'll have to let you know how that went in another post.

Size-wise, he is about 17-18lbs and about 26-27".  He is wearing mostly 9 month clothes, but only 3-6 month pants.  Gotta love the sizing on baby clothes!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Happy 6 months! It's amazing how fast they grow!

Alicia Buhler said...

I love that Levi's wearing his outfit for the flight in these pics, and so glad that I got to spend one of these milestone days with you.