Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A year ago...

I've been reminiscing like CRAZY these last few days.

"A year ago I was bouncing on an exercise ball for hours on end just trying to get labour going."


"A year ago I was supposed to be induced today but was told to wait for a call again tomorrow."

"A year ago I was sitting in the hospital filling out paperwork and waiting for induction."

"A year ago I was hoping to meet Levi by supper time."

"A year ago I asked for my epidural."

"A year ago I was laying in surgery, watching the clock and hoping Levi would be born before midnight."

"A year ago I was finding out for the first time that we have a boy!"

"A year ago I asked Nathan if I could please just sleep wait until morning to name our new baby boy."

"A year ago we sat down together and named our boy Levi Jonathan, Jonathan being a name we had never even discussed before."

And a year ago today we got to take Levi home from the hospital for the first time.  And within minutes of entering the house, he filled his pants with explosive force and I almost dropped him I was so surprised!  haha.  Oh what a year its been!  Now we have a dancing, laughing, smiling, self-feeding, almost-walking bundle of joy who we know so well and love so much.  A year ago I couldn't imagine how well I would know my son in a year, but now I couldn't imagine not knowing him.  Life is just the way it is supposed to be.  How appropriate that Levi was born 10 days after his due date on Thanksgiving weekend.  Such a sweet reminder of the blessing he is; a reminder to always be thankful...

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, Levi!!

Karis Brandes said...

When Narhan called me, he told me his name was Levi Johnson. I like Jonathan much better :)