Saturday, October 22, 2011

One of the latest...

I've always loved the idea of marking kids heights regularly as they grow up.  Growing up, I was somewhat preoccupied with my height, always wishing that I was just a couple inches taller. (throughout junior high and high school, I would faithfully record my height behind my closet door in my room and, despite nobody noticing, I DID go through a fairly significant growth spurt where I grew about 1 inch a month for at least 6 months to a year) Maybe that's the reason I've always been fascinated with marking growth, or maybe I'm just a little sentimental like that.  Whatever the case, I realized when I moved away from the room with all my markings behind the closet that whenever I had kids, I would need something more transportable.  I did copy down all of my markings on a sheet of paper and measured how far from the floor it should go, but it's just not the same. : )

So, as Levi's first birthday was approaching, I was keeping my eye out for a growth chart idea.  I fell in love with one on Pinterest (of course) and set to work.  It was fairly easy to make and I finally hung it today.  I'd say it turned out pretty well.  What do you think?


You can find the tutorial I followed HERE.  It was a super-affordable project too!  The 1x6 I used was $3.50.  The black paint I already had.  And the sawtooth picture hanger on the back was $3.50 for a pack of 10.  Total=$7

5 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Great idea, and I love that you're thinking ahead with the transportable nature of it - I also love that it's a little more solid that those ones people hang in nurseries.

Sparlingo said...

Love it!!

Kyra said...

Brilliant... utterly brilliant!

Trev and Rebekah said...

very cool!!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

That 2 looks perfect!