Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Passes quickly

Thank goodness for sickness that passes quickly.  I feel much better today!  Funny, I had a similar thought about Bethany muffins though.  Hm.  Maybe that's a sign that I should make some muffins one of these days?

So while I'm speaking of things passing quickly, and as I'm in need of some blog updating, I suppose I'll share with you things that pass quickly.  Take note and enjoy the moment:

-  childhood - where did that go?  While I was young, I just wanted to be in my mid-20's and now I'm here.  And time has only sped up.  I fear I'll be wishing for these days back before I know it!

-  school years - have you ever noticed that, especially when you're in post-secondary education, the semesters just seem to FLY by?  We're nearing the end of our second semester down here...almost halfway done!  I keep wishing that it was over already so that we could get on with our "real" lives, but then I keep reminding myself that "real" life comes with mortgage payments and property taxes and permanency.  And right now our entire future is open before us!  What an exciting time (even though it sometimes just feels ungrounded)!

-  pay cheques - these pass pretty quickly, unfortunately. 

-  cars on a freeway - these pass VERY quickly, so if you see a nice one, drool quickly because it'll soon be gone

-  baby's first year - I hear this passes quickly.  About a year ago many of my friends had babies all at once and they're all nearing their first birthdays now.  I can't speak for their mothers, but wow their first year passed quickly for me!

-  time when you're having fun - ever notice that when you're bored time just seems to crawl, but when you just wish time would stand still for a while, it seems to jump forward a couple hours at a time?  Yup.  Enjoy those fun moments in life!

That's all I've got.  Until next time, take note of the things that pass quickly and enjoy them while you can!

No comments: