Friday, March 19, 2010

Quote of the Day...

I've found that I have alot of time to do homework these days (just what I needed!  Now I just need motivation...).  Anyway, I have been reading the book Dissident Discipleship by David Augsburger and came across a quote that I just thought was SO true, but didn't realize anyone actually had the guts to write it down and publish it.  But I'm sure it's true for all of us!

"We might define true community as that place where the person 
you least want to live with always lives." - Parker Palmer

Haha.  Makes me laugh every time I read it.  The best humour is humourous because it is true.  And in my case, it is humourous because I live in "true community" right now. 

3 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

Ahhhh so true... Brings back many Bethany memories.
Hopefully with finding time to do homework you also find motivation!

Alicia Buhler said...

I read that book for a paper I wrote last year and loved it!

Too true.

Sylvia said...

I loved that book too and used that exact quote one day as my facebook status. It raised all kinds of interesting responses. What course is this for? I suspect with texts like this, it's a course I'd really enjoy.