Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekend...

Another weekend is coming and it's a big one around here.

Nathan has a Young Leaders Conference that he is a part of this weekend.  Actually, it starts tonight (Thursday) and goes until Saturday night.  It will be fun for him, because quite a few people from his (our) Bethany days will be here for that.  We are actually hosting two of our Bethany friends in our apartment (it'll be TIGHT!).  The days will be long for them: 8:30am - 9:00pm.  I'm just glad I don't have to worry about meals or anything.  Pretty much, I just have all that time to myself!

Well...not quite all that time will be free time for me.  On Saturday I have part 2 of my Counseling Couples course.  From 9am-5pm I will be sitting in class, learning how to try to get couples to communicate and deal with conflict.  I'm really quite excited for this class to be over.  It has turned out to be much more focused on the professional counseling side of it and less relevant for someone who may hope to do some lay counseling one day as, perhaps, a pastor's wife.  Seeing as the course is part of their counseling program here at the school, though, it really does make sense.

Once all of that is over and our house is back to just the two of us, I imagine we'll have a pretty quiet Sunday.  We'll probably watch some Nascar (Nathan will watch Nascar and I'll sleep!) and just hang out together.  That just never gets old...

Hope you all have a good weekend!  Sorry about the lack of blogging lately.  It just feels like there's not much to say right now.  Routine, routine, routine.  There's only so much I can talk about classes and homework.  But life always picks up sooner or later, or at least the blog inspiration does, so keep coming back!   

No comments: