Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Big Unveiling...

At long last, my nieces have received their gift from me so I can finally post pictures and let you all know what it is that I made them!

Behold...fabric "paper" dolls:


Each of these dolls is made of felt.  They have velcro attached at certain points which allow the clothes to just be stuck right on!  No more ripping paper dolls!  Each doll came with her own set of clothes...complete with shoes and bows for the hair.



My sister and I each have a set of these dolls, made by our aunt, from when we were young and I remember always loving to dress and re-dress my doll.  When I found out that I would be having two new nieces this spring, I thought this would be a fun gift.  No, they won't be able to use them for a few years yet, but I don't think I would have had the time in a few years to make them!  They were fun to make, but LOTS of work!

 ______________________________________

Sidenote: I haven't been able to go through my boxes of baby stuff yet, seeing as they're at the back and bottom of our pile of boxes in the basement. *sigh* BUT, my sister-in-law, K, was wonderful enough to bring me a bag of gender-neutral baby clothes that they won't be using so I could get my hands on some little baby things and dream of the little person who will fill those clothes one day soon.  Some days it just feels too good to be true.  What a miracle and blessing.  I certainly don't take any moment of this pregnancy for granted...

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Absolutely amazing! I love them! You are so talented!

Sparlingo said...

I think the little parkas are my favourites.

What an adorable idea!

KDees said...

What an adorable project/gift! So creative - your nieces are going to love them!

Kyra said...

That is too cute. They do bring back memories...although I can't recall if those memories are from playing with YOUR fabric dolls or with ones that I had (if I had any). Regardless...I loved those dolls.

Karis Brandes said...

LOVE IT!! I can't wait until they're big enough to play with it! Thank you!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow, you are amazing. You'll make a fun mom too.
Guess we missed seeing you. We'll just have to keep up with the emails.