Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happens every time...

Haha.  It seems that every time I say that I have nothing to post and that I probably won't post for a while, I come up with something the very next day.  Oh well.  I'll post this, but don't be surprised if there is silence until after our move...which is only 7 days and 23 hours away!  Did I miss the sign for the time machine I just walked into???

I have been planning to get a haircut (a professional one) since I found out I was pregnant.  But, just like every other time, my hair got shaggier and shaggier, and I got more and more annoyed with it.  And there is something about not having had an income for the past year that just seems to keep me from booking an appointment with a hair stylist.  So this morning I got out the scissors and gave myself a trim...again.  It feels SO much better, and makes my mornings so much easier without the daily "hair straight, but not completely straight, fine but tons of body" fight.  I'm someone who really does love my hair and wouldn't trade it for someone else's, but that said, it really does need to be the right length.  It's like a dog...if it's given firm guidance, it'll behave exactly as I want it to - most days.  But if it's left to it's own devices, chaos ensues.  Must I say more?

Sorry, I have no "before" pics, and even the "after" pics are kinda messy and sloppy, but if this is better than what was, you can only imagine the freak show this morning!

Side view...

Front view...much joy on face...

Other side...not great, but an improvement nonetheless!

__________________________________

While I'm here, a quick update:
We're moving soon.  It's come up so quickly.  While I'll miss parts of being here (WEATHER, people, being in the city), I look forward with much anticipation to parts of being back in Canada (people, fresh air, meeting the dr who will deliver our baby, country living).  Can't I have both at the same time?!

Nathan is basically done his homework for the semester.  He has one more page to write today, and a paper to proof-read and then he's done!  I'm celebrating with him, because I've been proof-reading all his papers this year, and if he's almost done, that means that I'm almost done too!

We get to have Lennox back soon!  Oh, how we've missed him this year!  It's gotten easier as time goes on, but now that we are only a couple weeks away from seeing him again, we are both getting VERY excited!  

My appetite has COMPLETELY recovered from first trimester, and I find myself hungry ALOT.  The things that sound best these days are those things that my mom often made while we were growing up.  Beef stew, noodles/meat/tomato/corn dish, meatloaf, etc.  Thanks to my appetite, both me and baby are growing quickly.  Me feeling movement is a daily thing now...and I smile every time.  We've been given the go-ahead for me to travel by car to Canada, but of course there are always a few nerves that go along with a long trip like that.  Please pray that my circulation will work extraordinarily well and that the trip will go smoother than smooth for us.  Pray for safety for me and baby...and Nathan too, of course!

I just can't believe how soon our move is!  It's next week!  (I know I've mentioned it a couple times already this post, but I just can't wrap my head around it!)  I was just reading back in my blog to our move down here and that really made it feel like yesterday.  Wow.  Our time in California has been alot shorter than we first expected it to be.  But I don't think it's a bad thing...God leads in mysterious ways.  I trust that I won't miss it TOO much next winter when I'm freezing my butt off in Saskatchewan...

4 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

all the best with packing and the move

Sparlingo said...

I keep wanting to say how exciting it is that you're moving back to Canada, and then keep realizing that while this is still great news for you, you really won't be anywhere close to me at all. Ah well! Safe travels for you both and for baby.

Oh, and since I'll be working on Sunday and can't say it to you then .... happy mother's day you soon-to-be mother, you!

Sylvia said...

So what day will you actually arrive in Saskatchewan? Somehow reading this makes it seem even sooner than I thought! The bed is made up for you in your room though!

Anonymous said...

You will be missed here in California!
Kathryn