Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update:

We received this email from two very thankful new parents and were told that we could pass it along to anyone who has been praying for these two special girls.  Since I asked for prayer on my blog, I thought I would also share this so that you all know where everyone is at.  Thanks for your prayers!

__________________________

Hello,

First, I would like thank all of you who were & still are praying for Avery and Lexie. Both K and I (J) were very moved to hear that so many people felt compelled to pray for our little girls.

I'm sure most of you since then know very little of what has happened. Please allow me to give you a small update. At the end of last week the doctors in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) made the critical decision to put Lexie on a ventilator. Her breathing was not improving & as a result her body was working far too hard which was effecting many of her systems. While this was very hard news for K and I to hear we knew that in the long run it was the best thing for our little girl. As the doctors anticipated this helped her incredibly and she began to improve within 12 hours. After that the doctors continued to administer antibiotics to improve her lungs which in turn would make it easier for her breathe. After a couple of days the ventilator was turned off, feeding tube removed & IV taken out. She took to eating approximately 75 ml of formula every 3-4 hours, this was instrumental in her being able to leave the NICU only 3 days later.

Since then your prayers & thoughts helped guide the doctors & strengthen our little Lexie. On Wednesday afternoon after a long day of waiting we were able to take Lexie home and reunite her with Avery. Lexie is slowly adjusting to life at home, she's gaining weight & still eating lots. It's only been a few nights with the four of us together, but both K and I are incredibly thankful for all your prayers for our little family. It was a great strength to the both of us to know that we had so many people behind us.

I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your prayers when so much was uncertain. I ask that if the Lord leads you, you would continue to pray as we all adjust to life at home. Balancing family time (ie: grandparents, uncles & aunts) and family time with just the two of us.

Thank you,

J & K

No comments: