Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Life...

It has been interesting to get back into life here in Saskatchewan.  It almost seems like we were never in California at all.  It almost seems like a dream.  Were we actually there for nine whole months?  It seemed like forever at the time...

We have been back in Saskatchewan for two full days now (this is our third).  The first couple days were mostly just exhaustion for me.  I would be doing whatever and all of a sudden my energy level would just crash and I would not want to move!  Haha.  Today I've actually been a bit motivated so I transplanted some of my plants into fresh soil (I do love to plant things and watch them grow - as long as I don't need to get too dirty!).  I think they'll grow quickly now.  Nothing like fresh soil and a bit of water and sun to make something flourish.  Isn't that kinda like life?  Sometimes we just need to get rid of the old, stale dirt and get some new soil around us to kick start our growth again?  I'll have to think more about that...

We got to meet our new nieces yesterday.  It was wonderful.  I got my "baby-fix" (at least for a day or two!) and am now more excited than ever to meet this little person who is kicking me with more and more vigor each day.  The girls are already almost a month old, but thanks to being 5 weeks early (3 weeks early for twins), they're still just "newborn" size.  Newborn Size = The perfect size/weight to be able to hold them for hours on end while just looking in amazement at them (right, K?).  It was wonderful and I look forward to watching them grow up and develop their little personalities!

We were reunited with our dog on Sunday.  It was a great time.  At first he kinda sniffed us, but two seconds later, when he realized that it really was us and not just a cruel fantasy on his part, he went absolutely nuts!  It was so fun to watch.  He just couldn't get close enough.  We were worried that he wouldn't remember us or that he wouldn't want to have anything to do with us, even if he did remember.  But he does remember and he even still responds to our old "commands" and understands what we want him to do.  What a smart cookie.  It's great to have him back...

Some of you may be wondering what we plan to do in the next couple months.  Well, we wonder the same thing some days.  We do have a few things to look forward to in the next couple months.  Next weekend we head out to Manitoba to our old town.  I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and re-connecting a bit.  We'll be there about a week while Nathan takes a class in Winnipeg.  We'll also spend some time with each of our parents (YAY!) and some of our friends around the Saskatoon area.  And probably as of August 1 (unless we just can't wait), we'll move into our own place - rented, not bought - and then let the nursery set-up begin!  I am just holding myself back from the baby stuff that I know I have just downstairs in a box that has been waiting for years to be used.

Well, there's not much else to tell, really.  If anyone has any suggestions for things for me to do in the next while, let me know!  How would you pass the summer days if you had nothing specific vying for your attention? 

5 comments:

Marsha said...

I want to know what you made the twins!!

God sure was smiling on you're return to Sask. Look at this weather!

Can't wait to see you! If you are in hepburn without plans for a sat or sun let me know! I'll drive down we'll go for a walk.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I want to know when we can hang out! Soon hopefully :) I agree with Marsha thought I would like to know what you made for the girls.

Karis Brandes said...

I'd like to know too :)

Also, I just want to say, you've waited many years to go through that box of stuff for your baby... Don't hold yourself back! Just open it up and enjoy sorting through the clothes, even if you do have to put it back in the box when you're done - but only for now!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I am with Karis you should do it! You deserve it :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sleep and relax and don't feel guilty about it.