Tuesday, October 19, 2010

About me...

I recently was tagged by Chantelle of Thousand Square Feet.  I answer her questions and then tag four more people and they answer my questions (if they so desire!).  Here goes...

1. What is your favorite memory of your childhood years?

  One of my favourite memories of my childhood years is not one single event, but the things we did as a family.  Camping (and being snowed on), playing sardines as a family (like hide-and-seek but WAY better), riding home-made go-carts, riding through a mud puddle on the tandem bike with my brother, building forts, doing gymnastics on the basement furniture.  Most of my favourite memories from childhood include my parents and/or siblings.

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?

     I never had one dream of what I wanted to be.  As far as I recall, I've always been confused about that, probably because I always thought that I needed to choose some sort of profession.  I do think I've always wanted to be a mom (though as a child I didn't think that counted as an answer to this question).  At one point I remember wanting to be a mom but with no husband.  That must have been during the "cootie" years!


3. If you had an evening to yourself with no expectations placed on you, what would you do?

     I would probably journal or sew or clean.  Despite not being expected to clean, sometimes I just find cleaning to be most relaxing.  Cleaning/organizing at least.  I'm not talking "scrub the toilet" type cleaning on my night off.

4. What would you like to learn to do sometime in this life?

     Um...I would like to learn to be a pro at making cinnamon buns.  I've made countless batches of them, but I can never seem to get them just right.  So if I could be guaranteed an amazing batch of cinnamon buns every time I wanted to make them, that would be lovely.

5. Last book you read? Favorite book?

     The last book I read was the first half of the third book of a Madeleine L'Engle series.  The first two books were really good, but I just never got into the third one.  So I quit.  Normally I can't quit in the middle of a book, but I figured that soon I wouldn't have time to just sit and read so I chose not to spend my last few days before birth reading a book I wasn't enjoying : )

6. Would people describe you as a "girly-girl" or more of a "tom-boy"?

     Probably more of a tom-boy.  Though I think I'm about as close to the middle as can be.  I like certain girly things, but can also swing a hammer and wash a car.

7. Favorite beverage?

     Water.  But Pepsi, Orange Crush, Iced Tea, chocolate milk and hot chocolate come in close behind.

8. Childhood nickname? Current nickname?

     Childhood nickname: Niki
     Current nickname: Niki

My questions are:
1.  Who do people say you look more like, your mom or your dad?
2.  If you were given an exorbitant amount of money and were told you had to spend it all in one place immediately, what would you do with it?
3.  What was your favourite Christmas gift?
4.  If you could spend 6 months traveling any one country in the world, which one would it be?
5.  What is your least favourite household chore?  Most favourite?
6.  What is your strongest pet peeve?
7.  Would you rather spend this coming weekend with your family, your friends, or alone?
8.  If you had to choose one food to eat exclusively on a deserted island for the next year, what would it be and why?

And I tag:

Two Cents of Thiessen

Johnson Adventures

The Old Porch Swing

The Life & Times of a Mennonite Seminarian

2 comments:

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

Hey, thanks for doing this! I love reading all the answers and learning more about you! As for cinnamon buns, you just need a great recipe. Do you have a bread machine because if you do, I have the perfect recipe for you. They are TO.DIE.FOR!!

Karis Brandes said...

Chantelle - can I have that recipe?? Please??

I was kinda hoping I'd get tagged :(