Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Levi Jonathan

A delayed arrival gets a delayed announcement...but with no further ado, meet our son, Levi Jonathan.



We are absolutely in love with this little guy.  He's such a content baby and so far only screams when it's time to eat NOW.  He feeds well.  He sleeps well, though not always at night (we can't blame him for sleeping well at the wrong times, right?).  He is very alert and has been since the first time I saw him.  We've seen his beautiful eyes alot in the last 4 days.  I'll post the birth story when I have time to sit down and write it but right now lunch/nap are beckoning me so I should run.

Before I go, here are the details (I know you're all DYING to know who won!):
Date: October 8, 2010
          - Alicia's second date guess of October 7 was closest
Weight: 8lbs 2oz
          - Bev's guess was closest at 8lbs 1oz
Length: 20.5"
          - Karis was closest at 20"
And for all you who guessed "boy", congratulations.  I don't know how you all knew, but well done.  This was my first gut feeling too, way back in spring (at which point finding out that we were having a girl would have shocked me) but I became much less sure as the due date approached.  He is boy as boy can be!

8 comments:

Marsha said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! I can't wait to meet him :)

Alyssa said...

Niki...he is so precious! I tear up when I look at these pictures. I hope you've been enjoying your first few days as mom...you're going to be just an AWESOME mom to this handsome little boy!! It's great to hear that Levi is doing so well!!

Stacey said...

Yay!!! I was hoping you'd update us all soon :) I figured that a baby must have shown up in the last few days!

What a cutie. Can't wait to read your birth story!

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

Oh.My.Goodness! What an absolutely adorable bundle of love! Oh, I can just smell that newborn goodness and feel that tiny little (well, 8lbs isn't tiny but you know what I mean) body wrapped in that blanket! I just wanna caress that soft soft skin (okay, don't get freaked out - I just LOVE newborn babies!) Congratulations! I would love to hear the birth story sometime (I heard it went a little differntly than planned!) but realize it may be a while! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Alicia Buhler said...

Yay! I can't imagine how you've probably anticipated posting this wonderful announcement given the reflections your were posting just a year ago. I'm rejoicing with you and am so proud to call you sister and friend.

Kim said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Congratulations! He is so cute and I can't wait to give him a snuggle!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Such a handsome little man too. He sure is a healthy good size too. We might be out your way in Spring and would love to hold that little miracle.