Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Initiation

I think I was initiated into the "motherhood" club today.  We were doing some newborn pictures with Maryvel Friesen (A Moment in Time Photography).  Levi was being an absolute doll.  He did the sleeping pictures perfectly after giving us some good eye contact and showing us his big, dark eyes for a few shots first.  But then we started doing the mommy/baby shots.  With no diaper on.  Right after a feed.  I had a feeling we were asking for trouble...  By the time we were done the photo shoot 3 hours later, I had been spit up on, peed on, AND pooped on.  Numerous times.  And as disgusting as I felt when that photo session was done, I was on top of the world at the same time because a year ago I never knew if I would get to experience a photo shoot with my newborn.  Yet today I did.  And it was wonderful, minor explosions and all.

Stay tuned for pictures to come shortly!

3 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Oh Levi! My friend who specializes in maternity/newborn photography says that you always get the best expressions out of babies right after they've peed/pooped.

Unknown said...

Hi Niki! First of all I had no idea you also had a blog so I was happy to find it! Thank you so much for the credits and respect to my work! :) Like you I won't ever forget yesterday! That was indeed quite funny and fun! You guys are such a nice people! Thank you so much for your patience and willingness to do this, hopefully the results will be worth it!

The Hatch's said...

Hey! So I did my newborn pictures on Monday and I can relate...I definitely had pee and poo running down my hand for some of the pictures...but since my little one decided to be AWAKE for the whole session, I just held it for as long as I could so as not to interrupt the pictures! Oh the fun of new babies!! It will be great memories though to have those pictures!
Marni