Wednesday, October 6, 2010

and counting...

41 weeks - don't I look impressed?

Today marks 41 weeks of pregnancy.  I never would have guessed that I'd make it to due date, never mind go over-due.  I don't know why I'd be exempt from the many, MANY first-time moms who go over-due.  But hey, it's really not so bad.  The most tiring thing is feeling like I'm being constantly watched.  I feel like a ticking time bomb, ready to go off at any moment, and everyone is watching carefully to see when I finally explode.  I kinda wish I could just blend in.  I guess as soon as baby does arrive, though, I won't have to feel like that anymore...I can just sluff that attention onto baby and fade conveniently into the background!  It can't be too much longer now.  Whoo-hoo!

Oh, and everyone's baby arrival date guesses have passed, so I guess the winner will be the one who comes closest with gender/weight/length.  Apparently there's still time to put in your guess if you haven't already!  Just scroll to the top of the page and click on the link.

p.s-I do feel like I should add that, as tiring as being "watched" is, I am so thankful for everyone who is thinking of us and praying these days.  Thank you!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hang in there my friend!

Is baby engaged and in the right position though?

Alyssa said...

You wouldn't believe how compulsively I check your blog to see if your little one has arrived. I guess you are being watched ;) Sorry!

Anyways...we're thinking and praying for you lots!!

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

Yup, definitely "watching" you!

While you wait, I would love to know more about you, if you are interested! If not, no big deal! Check out http://thousandsquarefeet.blogspot.com/2010/10/little-about-me.html