Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Worth the Wait...

Hopefully this blog post will be so full that it'll be worth the 6 day wait since the last post.  We've been away for a few days at my parents' place but now we're home with pictures to share!  Pictures of Levi, that is.  Hope nobody minds... Enjoy!
Levi was being fussy one evening and not wanting to go to sleep.  He would fall asleep, we would put him down, and 5 minutes later he would be crying again.  I was trying to get some sewing done so after quite a time of wrestling with him, I finally just put him on the kitchen table and kept sewing.  He was content there for a long time.  When he did start fussing again, I was almost done my project and wanting to finish, so I grabbed my trusty hair dryer and turned it on beside him.  He was out in 30 seconds and slept for 40 minutes until we turned the dryer off.


Babies love loud white noise.  Things like my blow dryer, the shower, or loud rock music turn off Levi's crying like a switch!


Cousins.  Ours is the sleepy one.  He's 5.5 months younger than the girls but I don't think it'll be long before he catches up with them in size!



The three men trying to add power to Nathan's old pellet gun.  My brother, my dad, Nathan.  They were using a YouTube video for instructions, hence the laptop in front of them.

Grandma being grandma and keeping Levi happy.

Our little man all dressed up for church in blue jeans and Rider shoes.  All ready to cheer on the winning team!  Thanks for the outfit, Auntie Marsha!  Shoes compliments of Grandma M.

The first piece of clothing that I ever bought for Levi...before we knew it was Levi.

Levi has really started to interact more.  He follows Nathan and I around the room with his eyes and will sit and look at us for quite a while if we're talking to him.

More snuggles with Grandma B.  Such a wrinkled forehead!  And see that receding hairline?  It's starting to fill in again. : )

Snuggles with Grandpa B.

Pentecostal?  haha.  Praise the Lord indeed!  We love you, little man.  You're our miracle baby.  God is good!

and just because he's cute...

And another sleeping picture because who can resist a sleeping baby??  This is actually him right now, while I'm typing this.  I just took this picture.  I've become pretty skilled at typing with one hand...
And I saved the best for last.  This is his first smile caught on camera, taken just this morning.  He's been smiling for a while now, but until today I've chosen to just enjoy the moment rather than running for the camera : )

4 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

He has such a beautiful smile!!

Marsha said...

love the pic of him and the twins!

Love the t-shirt!

ok I love them all :)

I have to come see this cutie again soon.

Sylvia said...

Wonderful pictures! We'll look forward to a lot more of those smiles!

Alicia Buhler said...

Great pictures! Looking forward to the whole family being together again in just over a month.