Tuesday, May 3, 2011

heart sigh...

You know that feeling when you're oh-so-tired and the thought of most things just makes you want to curl up in bed and never get out?  Then you think of something else and it just makes your heart sigh with peace and rest?  It's just such a relief that you don't have to do one of those rather-crawl-into-bed things?  Yeah, I'm having one of those oh-so-tired days.  Traveling usually does that to me.  Here are a few things that make my heart sigh on days like today:

-  folding laundry
-  pizza and evening with Nathan
-  Nathan saying, "I'll take Levi and you just relax for a couple hours."
-  snuggling in with Levi for a quiet nurse (and lingering for a few extra minutes, just because it means that I don't have to go back to people just yet)
-  taking a shower, even if I've already had one that day (my version of a soak in the tub, since most - all - tubs are way too big for me to actually relax seeing as my head goes under water if I actually lay down)
-  climbing into bed at night and knowing that I don't have to see anyone for the next 8-12 hours
-  having plans canceled at the last minute so I can just hang out at home
-  going for a walk where nobody can find me
-  grocery shopping in an unfamiliar place - so that I don't have to see anyone I know

Don't you just love that feeling when you just deeply and completely relax?  You know there is nothing expected of you and you can just sink into who you are without worrying about what needs to get done or what anyone else expects?  Yup.  It's a good feeling. 

What makes your heart sigh?

1 comment:

Alicia Buhler said...

I'm sensing the introvert in you is speaking ;)

Right now my heart would sigh big time if someone told me I could take an entire day off and all my assignments would still be complete by their deadlines - or better yet, my heart would be ecstatic if someone told me I had done enough work already in seminary and excused me for the remainder of my tasks!