Friday, May 20, 2011

Thanks...and another thing

Thanks for telling me what you all use for cloth diaper pails!  There are some great options there and it's got me thinking.  If you haven't let me know and are just seeing the previous post now, feel free to still comment!  I'm always curious about what other people use and how they cloth diaper in general.

I've got another question for you blog readers out there.  It's a little disagreement that Nathan and I had over supper tonight.  Levi has the following onesie:



Nathan has always said what an awesome onesie it is and I didn't really think much of it.  Tonight over supper, it came out why he likes it so much.  Apparently we'd been reading it very differently.  I happen to like my meaning much more than his.  We couldn't agree, so right away I took a picture of the onesie in question and told Nathan that I was going to go to my blog readers to clear this up.  So, when you see this onesie, what do YOU think it is saying?  We came up with three potential readings...

And, just cause he's the most adorable little man in the world, here is a video we took today.  Enjoy!

(Remember to turn off any web protection you may have if you have trouble viewing this video)

16 comments:

officehourthoughts said...

Clearly! It means that the monkey prefers bananas more than mommy. That is why it's funny, because the monkey likes bananas most in the world :D

Ian and Heidi said...

That laugh is just adorable!!
Oh, and the first thing I thought of when I read that shirt, was that it meant he's crazy about his mommy!
Hope you guys have a great long weekend!

Niki said...

No, Nathan, it is obvious that the makers (and purchasers) of this shirt meant that the wearer of the shirt is going bananas over his mommy! (Thanks for the shirt, A&C!)

Anonymous said...

That video is hilarious! :D

Darryl said...

I read to mean that the wearer of the shirt is crazy about his mommy!!

Karis Brandes said...

I read it Niki's way the first time, but I can totally understand why Nathan interpreted it the other way too... What's the third way?

Alicia Buhler said...

Mom and Carrie say they agree with Niki.
Dad says that he's glad that Nathan's education has taught him to be very analytical and think outside the box.
Andrew says that in Madagascan tradition they use bananas instead of mistletoe at Christmas.
Alicia says of course Levi is crazy about his mommy.
Maty-B is being very Mennonite and has an opinion but doesn't want to enter in to the conflict.

Brad and Karla said...

Okay so I totally like Niki's version better but I must admit that when I read it I thought what Nathan thought that the monkey like bananas over his mommy. And I was wondering why they would ever make a shirt like that. A little disheartening to hear that the monkey likes food over his mommy :( But now I understand and I believe they meant it to mean that he is bananas for his mommy.

kp said...

He is going bananas over his mom. (as he should :) )

Marsha said...

I must think like Nathan, because I thought it was a pretty mean onesie to say that bananas are better then mommys! lol

Cindi said...

My little guy has 2 similar to that one. It seems like everytime they make one they omit a word. The first one I bought said I'm just bananas over Mommy.
The second one said I'm bananas over Mommy and Now they omitted the "I'm" for your version!

Tara said...

the third one could be that there are bananas all over mommy :-)

Ben said...

Seraya and me are with Nathan.
Joelle and Ariel say that Levi is crazy about mom.

We miss you guys, especially Lennox.

Deb Shanks said...

I'm a "crazy about mommy" reader

Jon said...

I read it two ways, that either Niki was holding bananas over her head. Or that when Levi goes to a restaurant and orders bananas, he orders it similar to how he would order eggs (eggs over easy) but just bananas over mommy! Are either of those right?!!!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I LOVE that laugh! I totally read it to mean the monkey is crazy about his mommy!