Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for...
-  God's saving grace
-  Nathan
-  Levi
-  this house that we're renting
-  a yard that is fairly private and fairly large
-  summer!
-  the opportunity to live in California for a year
-  the job search likely being near its end (!!!)
-  things finally seeming to be straightened out with the Canadian government and that we should be receiving our first Child Benefit Cheque shortly...should be here by Levi's 9 month birthday!
-  student loans...without interest
-  Levi sleeping through the night (though I do miss those middle of the night snuggles that we had for 7 months)
-  Vaseline Cocoa Butter hand lotion...it's the only thing that works on Levi's baby eczema...and it smells amazing!
-  Infant Tylenol
-  the fact that my family is healthy
-  our Toyota that keeps going and going and going and goin...
-  friends who we've been able to reconnect with over this past year
-  indoor plumbing
-  Nathan's graduation and that he's almost done all his homework!
-  the happy noises that are resting their head on my knee and grabbing my keyboard...gonna and go hug the maker of those noises right now!

2 comments:

Darryl said...

you should have a nice sized Child Benefit cheque coming if you've been waiting all this time b/c it should be retroactive to when he was born!! :)

Emi said...

Hi Nikki, you probably don't remember me but I went to the same church as you while you were living in Altona. At that time I was introduced to your blog by Cindy and enjoyed reading it, you have a unique writing style :). Sorry I never commented! I prayed for you often as you would share about going through infertility. After you moved away I lost your blog address when we bought a new computer.

In August of 2009 I had a miscarriage which was the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me. It is ONLY by the grace of God that I survived it intact. During the time when we were trying to get pregnant again I was having a hard time as it was taking awhile. God showed me that the only way I was going to get out of the slimy pit of depression I had fallen into was to stop making it all about myself and what I want and instead pray for others who were going through the same thing. It was then that he brought you to my heart and I prayed for you daily. This would have been around November or December of 2009 and it turns out you got pregnant shortly there after! I'm not saying it was only my prayers that made this happen, I'm sure there were many, many people praying for you, but I thought it was neat that God specifically brought you to my mind, who I hadn't seen or heard from in years.

So needless to say when I found your blog again and saw the picture of your son I was very excited! I praised God for your baby all day long!

Our baby girl was born not long after Levi, on November 30. What an awesome God we serve!

Kay, that's all. Have a wonderful day!

Emi Hoeppner