Tuesday, August 9, 2011

10 months.

Levi has reached the double digits!  Technically he reached that milestone yesterday, but so what if I'm a day behind?! 

(Note: it's amazing what good lighting can do for pictures!  This month's pictures were so much better than last month's, I just had to include lots to make up for the last monthly post!)

 
I love that I have a 10 month old.  He's just so much fun.  He's learning new things and changing all the time.  And sleeping through the night.  And spacing feeds up to 5 hours apart during the day.  And crawling all over me and reaching for me and even turning into a bit of a snuggler!  I love my 10 month old little boy!


Levi seems to know more and more what will make us laugh.  It's so fun to see him figuring humour out for himself!


He's finally started saying "mum" and "mama" which makes me very happy...especially when Nathan asks him to say "dada" and he just looks at him and says, "MUM."  hehe.  The tides have finally turned : )






Levi's disposition is quite pleasant.  It always has been.  We have met many people in the past few days and a few have asked if Levi is ever unhappy because every time they see him he is just so happy.  We usually answer that he usually is a happy, content baby, but he does have his fussy times.  Usually those times come when he is hungry or tired.  Observe:


Aah, but we love him!  He now has 6 teeth: four on top, two on the bottom.  He, I'm guessing, is still right around 18-19lbs.  I haven't had him weighed for about 3 months but it doesn't really feel like he's changed much.  He has gotten longer though.  He cruises around furniture like nobody's business, but still hasn't ventured out on his own yet.  A couple times he has let go and stood there holding a toy but it's never lasted very long.  He sleeps from 8pm-6am almost every night and, after a 6am feed, sleeps until about 8am.  It's a great routine, though I'm hoping to get rid of the 6am feed in the next month or so. 


Levi has been loving to explore his new home.  In our house in H-town, he would pretty much stay in the same room as us, but here he will crawl all over the main floor!  I'm not sure what the difference is but I like it!  It could just be that he's getting a bit more independent and doesn't mind being away from us as much...


Levi's favourite games right now are a form of "peek-a-boo" that involves him holding whatever he finds over his eyes (or forehead), we'll ask "where's Levi?", he'll reveal his eyes (or forehead), and we'll exclaim, "there he is!"  He grins every time.  He also likes "this little piggy went to market" with his toes.  And he'll laugh like crazy when things fall (off a table or off your head or pretty much off of anything).  I think he'll be a slapstick lover for sure!  Like mother, like son. ; )


Two more months until we have a one year old!  Where has the time gone?  Last August, I was thinking that Levi would likely come early and was half-expecting him to show up any time starting in the middle of August.  If someone would have told me that I'd still be waiting two months from this point, I would have probably climbed into bed and tried to sleep at least a month of that waiting away. : P  But now he's here and completely worth the wait.  Worth the 3 year wait and worth the 10 day overdue wait.  How I love my boy!  Happy 10 months, Levi!

2 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Such a cutie! 10 months already. I love all the smiles and he might just be the happiest baby I know.

Alicia Buhler said...

Happy 10 months Levi! Keep on laughing!