Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life has kinda been a blur the past month or two.  It has been wonderful.  It has been crazy.  It has been overwhelming.  It has been perfect.  It has been tiring.  It has been stressful.  It has been reassuring.  It has been encouraging.  It has been...interesting.

I'm sitting here, in front of my laptop, thinking that I want to blog.  I want to let you all know how I'm doing, but I'm really not sure.  I've had so many people say that they've been blessed by the honesty and openness on my blog and I really long to be open like that, but lately it seems like it's just easier to give surface updates and keep what's inside buried deep down.  Out of sight.  Tucked away safely where no one can comment or judge.  Hmm...is tonight the night to bare all and share?

I think maybe it's not.  At least not here. 

I believe that sometimes God nudges us to share; to be open, not knowing who is reading or how he's going to use you.  Perhaps me sitting in front of my laptop tonight is a result of that nudging.  I don't know.  But I do know that I don't think I'm ready.  I don't think I have words to fully explain what I'm feeling.  What I'm feeling about the move.  About being a pastor's wife again.  About being a mother.  About where I've come from and where I'm going.  About LIFE.

But I do know this: as I think through things, mulling them over and tossing them around in my mind, I know that God is good.  I know that it's not always obvious.  I know that it doesn't always feel like God has any idea what is going on, or it doesn't feel like he cares what is happening to us, but I do know that he's good.  And he can be trusted.  And that is what we just need to hold onto sometimes. 

God is good.  He can be trusted.

God is good.  He can be trusted.

God is good.  He can be trusted.

No comments: