Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Whew!

It has been a busy two weeks for us...hence the lack of blog posts.  But I'm sure they will pick up again soon!  We spent a week packing and cleaning our rental house.  Once we were done that, we sped off to the city to sign papers for our house and from there headed to my parents' place.  We spent a few days visiting with my parents and then spent the weekend with almost the entire Reimer side of my family for my Grandma's 85th birthday.  It was lots of people (30-40?) and lots of hours visiting, but wonderful, wonderful, wonderful to see everyone again!  I don't remember the last time that many of us were together (me included).  Perhaps my wedding?  And really, how much visiting does one do when they're they one getting married??  Once the weekend was over, we packed up the car and headed home to H-town to spend not even 24 more hours in our place.  We packed and cleaned in a hurry and tried to get some sleep.  The next morning, bright and early, we threw what was left into boxes, loaded up the trucks that our new church sent for us (men in the church came to help us move) and drove to our new home!  And now we're here.  And most of the boxes are empty in a pile in the garage...I mean, burning in a bonfire in the backyard...  We still have alot of organizing and unpacking to do, but it's starting to look like home.  I'm not sure my mind is caught up with my body though...I seem to have forgotten how to settle.  How to put down roots.  My body is unpacking boxes and living in this new house, but my brain keeps thinking, "we should hold onto this box for next time..." or "it doesn't really matter where I put this because we'll be moving again in a few months."  I can't quite wrap my mind around permanence right now.  It feels like we're camping in someone else's house.  Hopefully it'll make sense to me soon.  But in the meantime, the fact is we're home!

1 comment:

Alicia Buhler said...

Happy settling! It was so good to be able to see your place in real life so I don't have to just try to imagine it from pictures. Can't wait until the first road trip (well, second technically)to Watrous!