Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas...and life

Christmas was fun this year.  It usually is. :) We were able to spend time with both of our parents/siblings which was so nice.  After a few years of either not being able to go "home" for Christmas or else splitting a short visit between the two families (often driving on Christmas day), it is SO nice to be within easy driving distance of both parents.  We don't take that for granted!

Levi loved all his time with grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.  He does so well when we're out.  Aside from a little grumpiness at supper one night (easily solved by some quiet family-of-3 time away from the chaos after supper), he was a happy boy the entire time.  We sometimes have to pay for visits and lack of sleep once we get home, but mostly we just have such a happy and easy going boy.  LOVE HIM!

Nathan was back to work today (worked from home yesterday).  It's a bit weird to have him gone for so many hours after a couple weeks basically off.  I'm doing pretty good.  This third trimester is SO different than the end with Levi.  With Levi, I was mostly comfortable except for some backaches and swollen feet and just feeling heavy.  This time around I have toothaches (apparently they're normal?), hip aches, belly aches, back aches, shortness of breath, low blood pressure (which is better than high).  I don't have every symptom in the book, but alot more than last time.  Yesterday I was wondering if I would actually need my mom to come for a bit before the baby arrives because just carrying Levi or walking across the room is sometimes a challenge.  BUT...this is so worth it!  To know that we'll be having a new little person joining our family in just a matter of weeks...aah.  I can take a little pain and discomfort!  That said, if anyone has any good remedies for intense pain from lower belly to upper thighs (and everywhere in between), feel free to share!  haha.  I'm open to suggestions :)

I'm not sure what else is new. (Do I write that in every post or just think it?)  Beside getting ready for the baby and having tons of fun with my two men, there's not much on the calendar for this month.  Just relax and enjoy the last few weeks of being a family of 3.

Happy new year to you all!  If anyone has post ideas or questions or whatever...any ideas for what I should write about, let me know!  I'm a little stuck!  :D

2 comments:

Josie said...

I suggest chiro! It made a huge difference for me at the end of my pregnancy with Logan. My pelvis separated too far and caused excruciating pain for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and so I went to my chiropractor who specializes in children and pregnant women. It not only helped with pelvis pain but most of my other discomforts. I mean, as ''helped' as one can be at that pregnancy stage...:)

Unknown said...

Wish I had a pearl of wisdom. Lots o pillows?! Gosh I can't wait to see what you're having. I started following Nathan on twitter. Hoping for belly pictures! What is the expected due date?