Saturday, October 10, 2009

Classic Thanksgiving Post

What does everyone do around Thanksgiving time? That's right. In one form or another, they compile a list of things they are thankful for. And I will be no different.

Behold, my list of thankfulness (one for every year I've been alive):

(oh yeah, and it's in no particular order, because the first few come to my mind instantaneously and I am VERY thankful for each of them)
  1. Nathan - my wonderful husband (who happened both cook supper AND do the dishes tonight!)
  2. Our families - Mom, Dad, Mom, Dad, Alicia, Andrew, Karis, Jared, Josh - very loving, supportive, close (but far), and God-serving families...a true blessing
  3. Our friends - I won't even try to name everyone, but I am thankful for so many people who cover us with prayer and encouragement and who hang out with us. Sorry for leaving you guys all back in Canada to deal with the cold...I hope it doesn't reflect poorly on our love for you guys...
  4. Food to eat whenever I'm hungry, or even when I think I may be hungry, or even when I'm not hungry and just feel like eating...wow.
  5. A place to lay my head - under an unleaky roof, behind locked doors (important in this neighbourhood), and on a brand new Sealy Posturepedic mattress
  6. That our house sold - we didn't have to heat it all winter, we don't have to think about how often it's being shown, we don't have any more paperwork to do, we are officially non-homeowners (and it's almost as exciting as becoming homeowners in the first place)
  7. The court community - there are so many wonderful people who we are living with here...I am thankful for a good group of court-dwellers
  8. That cooking comes naturally - I can't imagine the frustration if I didn't know how to cook
  9. That I can afford to buy some craft stuff to keep my creativity flowing and my hands being productive
  10. That we have little extras like a laptop and a camera and a car...
  11. Scented candles
  12. Free laundry machines here on campus
  13. Electricity
  14. Lennox - that we got him in the first place and that we have a place for him while we're here at school (thanks B & C & J!)
  15. That I don't have to see snow and cold this winter unless I travel to it
  16. Comfy clothes
  17. That I know how to sew
  18. That I know how to read
  19. That I grew up in Saskatchewan - and therefore am a lifetime fan of the Riders, not the Blue Bombers...
  20. Inexpensive junk food in the States
  21. A furnished apartment - so we didn't have to drive a U-Haul through the mountains on the trip down
  22. That my coldsore is almost gone
  23. That there are almost always more options...
  24. And, of course, I'm thankful for the most amazing gift - salvation through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour - and for the relationship that goes along with that gift*
I am so incredibly blessed...and thankful (because those can be two very different things). Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!

*if anyone wants to know more about that gift I mentioned on number 24, leave me a comment or email me...I think my email is accessible through my profile somewhere.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

I just need to comment on #19. Go Riders! The only time I admit I'm from Saskatchewan is when it concerns the Riders...the rest of the time I'm 100% Albertan. :)