Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Screaming babies

Babysitting today! Whoo-hoo! Little girl, 5 months old. She's such a sweetie...well, I hope she is. I haven't really exactly held her before. But I'm sure she'll like me, right? Who wouldn't like me? Just forget about the fact that I haven't had to calm a screaming baby for oh, say, 8 years, and I'll be fine! Just fine...


Update: I just finished babysitting...it was the most life-giving thing I've done in a LONG time! Wow, do I ever love babies. Makes it even more clear what direction my calling is in and so much harder to wait for the fulfillment of that calling...

Oh, and Karis? You were right. It was like riding a bike. : ) It all came back in the first 20 minutes!

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

I'm so glad you're getting to do this, Niki! And I'm glad it all came back :)