Friday, October 9, 2009

Picture post...

Quilting! For my birthday, I received fabric for a quilt from Nathan's parents. They arranged for it to get down to me, along with my sewing machine, from Saskatchewan with one of the profs from our school who was up there teaching a course. I waited a couple days, thinking through exactly what I wanted to do so that I wouldn't mess it up by starting in the peak of my excitement.

So far I've cut 35 squares and am loving it. Only a couple hundred squares to go. Hopefully I love it just as much when I've cut 200 squares!


This is the fabric:

In the pictures it may look a bit green (depending on the computer screen) but it is actually ivory-ish. It's beautiful! I can't wait until it starts to look more like a quilt!

__________________________

And here is a picture of a flower that caught my eye the other day. It is in the "bushes" on the pathway leading into the court (our apartments). I love looking at it every time I walk by...you just don't see things like that in Saskatchewan/Manitoba in October...especially not this year, from the sounds of it!



Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

How big a quilt are you going to make? Is it just squares put together? Can't wait to see the finished project!

Kyra said...

Looks like you're getting posting pics to work with your mac. Or are you using a pc?

Alicia Buhler said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Always interesting to "see" what you're up to!