Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rainy days...sweeping the Sun away...on my way...

What is happening these days?  I was just over at my sister-in-law's blog and she was having the same problem.  What to post?  While I feel that she must have TONS to post (being pregnant with twins and moving next weekend and working full time at a daycare) I feel like I have absolutely nothing.  Then again, it might go both ways and she may feel that I am the one with lots to post (being the one living in "sunny" California and planning a trip to San Francisco today/tomorrow and living life on the "edge").  But all my days for the last 5 weeks have been pretty much the same:

-  wake up whenever my body naturally wakes up
-  get ready for the day...try to have this step finished by 12 noon
-  have lunch whenever I get hungry
-  read/crochet/quilt/explore the World Wide Web - pretty much do whatever I feel like all afternoon
-  make supper
-  eat supper
-  clean up supper
-  more reading/tv/crocheting/quilting/whatever I feel like all evening
-  go to bed

Don't get me wrong...it has been a VERY relaxing routine and I've been enjoying it quite a bit.  But 5 weeks of this does get to be a bit much.  And it produces very little to actually blog about.  (Hence all the pictures of my latest projects)

So I mentioned that we're going to San Francisco today.  That's exciting.  My sister is flying in to Sacramento this evening and then we're going to drive to San Francisco where we got a cheap hotel (priceline = $50 a night).  Little did I know that the parking at the hotel is $35 though!!!  I'm used to hotel parking being free!  Then again, I've never stayed in San Francisco overnight.  (Now that I think of it, the parking at the hotel in LA earlier in December also was not free, though it wasn't $35 either)  So we'll head to San Francisco and spend the night and spend tomorrow seeing the sights.  It's supposed to rain (we've been having SO much rain lately - I feel like I'm in BC, not California) so we might end up just buying trolley passes and seeing the city from inside the trolley.  That could be fun too, I guess.  And then we'll drive home because we're only a couple hours from San Fran.  I'm looking forward to this trip, but not as much as I'm looking forward to seeing my sister!  We haven't been together for...9 months?  10 months?  It's been a while.  It should be grand.

Let's see...what else?  Nope.  I can't think of anything.  Is it worth posting, even when there's nothing to really post about?  Let me know, because I sometimes wonder about that.  : )

Have a good couple days!  See ya when I see ya!

2 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

I like it when you post even if you think you have nothing to post about... But then I like all the little details of your life :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

enjoy your time with your sister