Thursday, January 14, 2010

What am I doing these days?

I run from one activity to another like a 3 year old with a high on sugar life.  Among my latest are:
-  reading "The Gospel According to Lost" by Chris Seay
-  reading " Paul's Idea of Community" by Banks (and writing a paper on it for class - I finished this one yesterday!)
-  making my first actual "quilted" baby quilt - this I also finished yesterday
-  cleaning all the loose threads off my first rag quilt - this one gives me blisters, so I haven't picked it up for a few days
-  crocheting a scarf for my Etsy shop - would only take an hour or less to finish, but it's kinda nice knowing that there is a project sitting there in case I get bored with something else
-  thinking about a pattern for my next baby quilt - any ideas?

I guess while I'm making a random list of mostly projects, I'll share a few pictures of the latest.  Yesterday was a warm, sunny day, so I took advantage of the natural light and got pictures of everything.

A toque that I have listed over at my Etsy shop:




Scarf that's going to my Etsy shop just as soon as I finish it:



Baby quilt from the fabric I showed you here.  It's not perfect or professional, but I'd say it's pretty good.  Hand-stitching the binding was BY FAR the most time-consuming part of the entire project.  But I enjoyed it all. : )




And last but not least, a flanel, double-layer receiving blanket.  I found this fabric at Walmart in their sale basket (end of the roll) and loved it.  So I picked it up and later found that I actually had some navy blue flannel on hand from another project that would work perfectly for the back.  It took a bit of piecing (added white flannel strips to two sides of the back) to make it all fit together because it was made from all scraps, but I really love it.  I haven't been able to decide if I'll sell it or keep it in my stash for future gifts or (perhaps) personal use?




5 comments:

Marsha said...

touque SOLD! Can't wait to recieve it!

Karis Brandes said...

I can't believe how much stuff you're getting done! You're amazing!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Oh I wanted to buy the toque! Oh well next time. As for ideas anything pink and brown is very much the trend for baby girls and anything with geometric shapes is very popular. I also saw these cute crocheted baby hats where they attached a huge fake Gerber daisy on the side and they are selling like crazy for a ridiculous amount of money. Or baby scarves? They are really hard to find. Just some ideas. I know whatever you make will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those two blankets are amazing! You're creations are so cool.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Great ideas and items you make. Love the hat.