Monday, June 21, 2010

My new friend...

I really wish that I could get paid for all the promotional work that I've been doing for my new friend, Kijiji, lately.  But then again, that's not really how friendships work, is it?  No.  It's not.  I am simply letting you all know how much I have been enjoying spending time with (and reaping the benefits of) my new friend because I care.

In the last week, Nathan and I have purchased our nursery furniture AND a dining room table with 6 chairs.  Both are in great condition.  Both are exactly what we were looking for.  And everything for under $300.  Now, with my purely Mennonite roots, how can I not rejoice in these great finds?  And I just can't wait to share pictures until August when we move, so here are some sneak peaks!

Where our baby will sleep:

Where our baby's clothes/blankets will be stored:

Where our baby's diapers will possibly be changed:

And, our latest purchase from earlier today, our new dining room table and chairs:

I think our shopping is done for now.  Our storage space here at Nathan's parents' place has exceeded its limits already.  I just can't wait to see it all come together in our basement suite!
________________________________

disclaimer: I am really not as addicted to Kijiji as I may appear to be (at least I don't think so...)!  It's just that if you're planning on buying any number of things (furniture, vehicles, maternity clothes, pets, books, etc), it could be worth doing a little looking here first.  It's basically garage-saling from the comfort of your own home, so you don't have to literally pick through other people's junk and drive all over the city to find your gems...unless that's what you enjoy about garage-saling.  If it is, maybe this isn't as much for you...

2 comments:

Chantelle - ThousandSquareFeet said...

I, too, love Kijiji! As a matter of fact, it is one of the quick links at the top of my internet page so with only one click, there I am! It will certainly come in handy at house-building time! Your purchases look lovely! How exciting to plan for a home!

Unknown said...

LOVE the baby room set! Especially the crib. I like those natural lighter-toned wood planks with the knots and the grain.