Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Who's on third?

Third trimester already?  Where has the time gone?!  Months 3-6 just flew by and now we're in the home stretch!  The thing I find most amusing today?  How pregnancy websites/books try to reassure third trimester women that certain less comfortable pregnancy "symptoms" will go away shortly after birth... as though there aren't still 3 MONTHS still to wait!  Yes, I'm nearing the end.  But I DO still have 13 weeks to go.  That's plenty of time to lose sleep, have leg cramps, and deal with swollen feet.  But don't worry...they'll ease up oh, say, near the beginning of October.  No biggie.

Important sidenote:  I have been incredibly blessed with this pregnancy and I take none of it for granted.  No, not everything in pregnancy is rainbows and roses, but I will take every ounce of discomfort if it means that I am experiencing pregnancy and will soon hold my baby in my arms.  I still think of my friends who are waiting and hoping and praying and hurting and mourning loss.  May God bless you beyond your wildest dreams... 

4 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

Yahoo!! Third trimester is so exciting! This is when you start to get HUGE and feel like a beached whale all day long :) A very beautiful beached whale.

P.S. While the leg cramps, swollen feet, and constant need to pee go away shortly after birth, the loss of sleep does not!

Alicia Buhler said...

Even when you're writing about the discomforts of pregnancy I still get the sense that you're glowing!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I so remember leg cramps. I'd have to get Trev to rub my legs every night before bed and then stetch out my legs when they'd freeze up in pain at night.

Jo Funk said...

A note about the leg cramps... it could be due to low electrolytes. make sure you're getting lots of them! Bananas and calcium supplements can do wonders!