Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A wonderful few hours...


I just had the most wonderful time with my husband today.  We went to the city for a doctor's appointment (each one means a month closer to D-Day!) and took our time wandering through a fabric store - pictures to come on what I bought for my latest project - having a picnic lunch by the river while listening to jazz music and grocery shopping.  It was so much fun to just spend a few hours with Nathan without homework needing to be done.  (I was able to forget about it...were you, honey?)  It was perfectly sunny too, which made the day even more wonderful.

Now, of course, it's back to rain, homework, and routine.  But at least I have a new sewing project to look forward to!  Oh the joy of little things...

p.s-As I was sitting in the car while Nathan filled us up with gas today, I realized that I've been married to him for 20% of my life already!  That number really took me by surprise.  By the time I'm 38 I'll have been married to him for half my life!  I love that we got married so young.  It certainly isn't for everyone, but it has turned out to be the best thing for us. : )  I love you, Nathan!

2 comments:

Karis Brandes said...

Holy cow! 20%?? ... and may I ask why you suddenly decided to do the math to figure that one out?

Trev and Rebekah said...

It's great that you can find some special moments to share just the two of you because that will change for the next 18+ years in a matter of weeks. Marriage is a gift and even though life will be busy with a little one I encourage you to keep and make it a priority to have date nights and invest in you two.