Friday, May 29, 2009

Healed.


My Grandma Buhler was healed yesterday. After almost 20 years of not being able to swallow and being fed by a tube. After almost 20 years of long days in her chair, looking out the window. After 20 years of being without her husband. My grandma was healed.

I can’t imagine the extent of my grandma’s rejoicing and joy at being able to feast at the Lord’s table, kneel (with ease!) at His feet…the feet of her Lord and Saviour! She’s waited so long to go home. And yesterday was her day. Praise the Lord! While I’ll miss her being here, our visits (which have become harder and harder in the last few years) and letters, my heart rejoices that she is finally free. And who the Son sets free, he is free indeed. Miraculous healing really does happen…

7 comments:

leah said...

Lucky, she gets to see my grandpa AND Jesus! Its a little easier to take the news when you know where she's going, hey? :)

Niki said...

Much, much easier.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, eternal peace :). I'm sorry for your loss, Niki - but happy for Heaven's gain. I remember your grandmother always smiling when I would see her, despite her circumstances. I hope your parents are doing well.

Sabrina said...

What a beautiful post, Niki. She truly is restored. There is so much hope knowing this world is not the end.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma but I am glad she is with Jesus too.

Nikki said...

Amen...Sorry to hear about your Grandma..but rejoicing with you for the life she lived and the for being healed now and sitting at God's feet right now

Peter said...

I agree with you of course. It just turns out your perspective on what is healing changes with the circumstances. I am indeed glad your grandmother is finally home.

Peace