Friday, May 1, 2009

Play Time

Sunny
Evening high: +4 degrees
Sunrise: 6:05am
Sunset: 8:47pm

Now that our days are so long and warm (yeah right), it seems a shame to sit inside when the sun is shining outside. And it’s especially nice to get outside during a sunny evening after a cloudy, rainy day.

Well, it was a beautiful evening yesterday, so Nathan and I went outside with Lennox to play.


First toss of the ball: stuck in the tree.

Out comes the camera…
“Niki, don’t take pictures of me.” – Nathan (laughing and groaning)
“But Nathan, I take beautiful pictures…” – Niki
“I still don’t like pictures of myself.” – Nathan
“Come on…I need a normal face to get a beautiful picture.” - Niki


Second toss of a larger ball to get the first one down: stuck again (how does a soccer ball get stuck in a tree???)

A few tosses of a tennis ball get both balls down and playing resumes.


Play, play, play.




Lennox got tired pretty quickly. That +4 degree sun on his black, shiny coat must be hotter for him than us. This is Lennox saying, “I have my stick…I’m happy chewing on it…please don’t come take it away and throw it again.” And Nathan is thinking, “Come on, dog, play fetch with me.”



Now Lennox is playing, but keep-away isn’t quite what Nathan had in mind.


Me playing with Lennox. He likes me…there are no favourites…


Me playing the “get-away” game with Lennox. (I hold him down and he tries to get away) He loves it…it gets him SO excited!


Aah, there’s a nice smile…see Nathan, I told you I take beautiful pictures when I have something to work with! (he agreed)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Niki! Fun seeing your little family in action :). My parents lost your parents' mailing address - would you mind sending it to me? Thanks!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love your hat. I've been looking for something similar.