Monday, September 7, 2009

Slump

Every couple months, I feel like I get into a blog slump. I have no idea what to write about and feel like my posts are SO uninteresting and uninspired. I live in California! My posts should be full of life and adventure! But alas, nothing. I guess I could write about the police helicopter that was out searching our area with a big spotlight the other night while police cars searched the ground. Or I could tell you about the spontaneous jam session that we had the other night with some friends on the lawn here on campus...we would have kept playing late into the night, except the sprinklers came on shortly after ten and we all ran away. I could tell you about the amazing Coldstone Creamery ice cream that I had yesterday (THANKS, ALICIA!!!). But none of that seems very exciting. We are heading to a beach today with some friends. Maybe after that I'll have a story or two to share...

Oh, and I'm wondering if everyone is super busy this fall? The blogging world seems to be pretty slow in general...if I put a poll on the side of my blog, will you let me know where you're at with blogging? I'm curious if people are just really busy with everything fall-like, or if there is something else that is going on that I haven't caught on to here in Cali. : ) Check out my poll on the right and leave your answer!

3 comments:

Alicia Buhler said...

Hey, I'm still here in blog land. I've been crazy busy lately. We had a ton of projects to get done on maintenance before the new school year started, and then there's been canning and just general cooking/cleaning. Now I've got to kick into high gear and get a bunch of stuff in place for the fall semester. I've been busy, but still maintaining my minimum blog post of 1/week. I'll be posting pictures of my makeover soon!

Sparlingo said...

I've been out of blogging for years, and have always kind of itched to get back into it, but haven't had enough of a significant something happen that seemed to justify the start-up. And if getting married hasn't been enough of a *something*, I don't know what hope I have of restarting blogging any time soon :).

That said, I *love* reading other people's blogs, and have been faithful at reading them daily or near-daily. I wish blogging was still the in thing; it's a bit more in-depth and personal than the facebook/twitter thing. People have to actually think in order to blog :).

Marsha said...

-how about your favorite part of the human body? or your favorite part of your body...or even more riske nathans!
-how about a what are those things called where you take each letter and use a word that starts with it to describe it....(just wait I'll google it. never mind don't even know how to google it! p.s. if you know the word...email or facebook it to me) you should do one for California as you live it right now. hopefully that wire is still connected, dispite the long distance, and you know what I mean.
-how about if you could have any exotic pet what it would be and why

that's it for now. hope you enjoyed the comment :)