Friday, September 11, 2009

Something to ponder...

Isn't it interesting how sometimes the same point keeps being driven home over and over throughout your day? Let's see, I've been up for how long...not quite two hours. And already I have heard basically the same message twice! Do not boast. Do not be proud.

The first time I was reading 2 Corinthians 12.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

As I was reading this I thought, "hmm, good point," but kept right on with my devos. Then I came to the computer and as I was looking through blogs, I opened one that is a daily devotional and there it was again. A whole devotional about not being proud and not boasting.

“…you treat the potter as a lump of clay. Does a book say to its author,
‘He didn’t write a word of me?’ Does a meal say to the woman who cooked it,
‘She had nothing to do with this?’”
Isaiah 29:16

So twice in two hours I have heard that I should boast only in the Lord because I can do nothing aside from him and that I shouldn't take credit where the credit belongs to God. Hmm...I think I may have some self-examination to do today!

No comments: